Leading by ExampleLighthouse Schools
Schools which showcase their use of Classroom Profiling
What makes a Lighthouse School stand out?
Lighthouse Schools have:
- Community Members (administrators, teachers, students and parents) understand the purpose of Classroom Profiling and are able to explain the benefits of Classroom Profiling to various audiences
- Teachers and Administrators are able to demonstrate the links between Classroom Profiling and improved student outcomes (academically and behaviourally) using school-based data
Lighthouse Schools have:
- an Action plan developed linking Classroom Profiling to the Annual Improvement Plan or Explicit Improvement Agenda
- financial resources committed to Classroom Profiling in the annual school budget
- at least one Classroom Profiling Instructor on staff or in local cluster school if small / remote school
- Active Profilers in the school who are financial members of the CPA Inc.
a Classroom Profiling Steering Committee meets at least once per term
Lighthouse Schools will:
- showcase their use of Classroom Profiling
- offer all teachers the chance to be profiled as part of a whole school sweep at least twice annually
- data from school sweeps is
– presented to whole staff at least twice annually
– used to inform future action planning
– added to the Classroom Profiling Summary of Collated Data at least once a year
- refresh bi-annually the Essential Skills for Classroom Management with all staff
- ensure Classroom Profilers attend Refresher training bi-annually
- ensure Classroom Profiling training is facilitated on site or as part of a local cluster
Kingaroy State High School
Lighthouse School contact: Robyn Ferling – Pedagogy Coach.
Contact via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashley Roediger (Principal)
Andrew Maddern (HOD of Technology – second contact)
Bli Bli State School
Lighthouse School contact: Janet Thomson – Student Engagement Teacher.
Contact via: email@example.com
Gerard Quinn (Principal)
Kyla Bonney (Deputy Principal, Line Manager PBL)
From A Lighthouse School Principal
“Being a Classroom Profiling Lighthouse School has reinforced to all members of the school community the value we place on quality teaching and continuous improvement.
Over 25% of staff are trained in Classroom Profiling and 100% of teachers participate in regular sweeps. Evidence from classroom walk throughs shows the positive impact that Classroom Profiling is having on student engagement.”
– Ashley Roediger, Kingaroy SHS