Classroom Management refers to teacher practice as well as student behaviour. Positive classroom climate, positive interpersonal relationships, clarity and consistency of expectations and consequences (both positive and negative) all work together to create an efficient learning environment.
Essential Skills for Classroom Management
The Essential Skills for Classroom Management coupled with Classroom Profiling help identify the positive aspects of a classroom and identify areas of practice that may benefit from reflective discussion and altered practice.
keys to escm success
The 10 ESCM
- Establishing expectations – Making rules.
- Giving instructions – Telling students what to do.
- Waiting and scanning – Stopping to assess what is happening.
- Cueing with parallel acknowledgement – Praising a particular student to prompt others.
- Body language encouraging – Smiling, nodding, gesturing and moving near.
- Descriptive encouraging – Praise describing behaviour.
- Selective attending – Not obviously reacting to certain behaviours.
- Redirecting to the learning – Prompting on-task behaviour.
- Giving a choice – Describing the student’s options and likely consequences of their behaviour.
- Following through – Doing what you said you would.
Joining the cpa inc.
The Classroom Profiling Association Inc. members have access to additional complementary ESCM resources available for members.
What teachers are saying
““I wish I had this training 15 years ago!”
– Experienced classroom teacher
“Since we’ve started this process last year I find myself concentrating on how I’m teaching the content rather than concentrating on the content itself. It’s brilliant”
– HoD Maths
“Everyone should do this training, it’s the cornerstone of effective teaching.”
– Primary Deputy Principal
Articles, News, Opinions
See the latests news from the CPA Inc. over on our blog.
Some of the most difficult student relationships to establish and maintain is with our challenging students. But let’s be real, total avoidance is usually not an option.
Regardless of a school’s philosophy and pedagogical framework, Classroom Profiling provides a neutral, non-judgemental avenue to enhance individual teacher’s capacity and furthermore improved student outcomes
The Classroom Profiling philosophy of being supportive and non-judgmental of others, and of using reflective practices to improve classroom practice and management while improving teacher capacity to implement engaging lessons has provided successful learning...
CP Level 1
CP Level 2
Get In Touch
© CPA Inc. 2020. Designed by Social Ocean.